Among all types of adaptogens and stress-helping supplements, Ashwagandha is the most popular choice among people. Found in Africa and Asia, Ashwagandha has been used for centuries for its numerous medicinal benefits. Other than this, there are many benefits of Ashwagandha for men, especially in their sexual health.
Buying Ashwagandha in Singapore is quite convenient as there are many healthcare companies that are offering certified and authentic Ashwagandha products online. Most men in Singapore are buying this herbal product online for enhancing their sexual health.
What is Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha is basically Withania somnifera that is an evergreen shrub. Native to drier areas of Pakistan, India, and Sri Lanka, this shrub is grown in temperate climates of Africa and Western North Carolina.
It has a century-old history that originates from Ayurveda. For thousands of years, Ashwagandha has been used as a medicine to improve overall health, increase energy, boost nutrition, and reduce inflammation, anxiety, and pain in the body. In Sanskrit, “ashwa” means “horse” and “gandha” means “smell”. It basically means “the strength of a horse” which is related to its traditional use for vitality and healthy libido.
Ashwagandha is a very popular adaptogen available in Singapore. An adaptogen basically promotes balance in different organ systems of the body.
Benefits of Ashwagandha
- A prominent herb in Indian Ayurvedic medicine and a popular health supplement
- It affects insulin secretion and sensitivity, thus, reducing the blood sugar levels
- Ashwagandha might be effective against several types of cancer as withaferin, a bioactive compound present in it promotes the death of tumor cells
- Helps chronically stressed people by lowering down the level of cortisol
- According to both animal and human studies, it is found that Ashwagandha reduces stress and anxiety
- It reduces depression in individuals
- Highly beneficial for men’s health as it increases testosterone levels and improves sperm quality and fertility
- Its medicinal properties have been also shown in increasing muscle mass, reducing body fat, and enhancing strength in men
- Enhances the activity of immune cells to fight infection
- Decreases the markers of inflammation that are the cause of increased heart disease
- Improves heart health by decreasing the level of cholesterol and triglyceride
- It improves your memory, brain function, and reflexes
- An ancient highly effective and safe-to-use medicinal herb
Important tips to buy good quality Ashwagandha from online sites?
- Always check if your Ashwagandha extract is from the roots only for clinical effectiveness. It should not contain leaf components
- Assess the concentration of cytotoxic Withaferin A in your Ashwagandha. The concentration of Withaferin in the extract should not be too high nor too low. If the ashwagandha has been extracted from the leaves of the herb then it will spike up the overall withanolide content which is not beneficial as it would make the extract pharmaceutical drug-like. A low percentage of withanolides is also not good as it would require increasing the dosage for consumption
- Your Ashwagandha extract should be a full-spectrum extract. A full-spectrum Ashwagandha extract has a good balance of various components as there was in the original herb