In 2017, Singapore, Ministry of Health (MOH) revealed that 36.2% of Singaporeans in the age group of 18 to 69 were overweight. This study also showed that 13% of school-going children in Singapore were overweight as well. A World Health Organisation (WHO) report in 2014 showed that Singapore has the second-highest overweight prevalence in South East Asia.
It is quite frustrating and tiring to spend hours in the gym and yet those stubborn areas of fat are not going anywhere. Today, with the power of modern technology, you can easily get your desired body shape with non-surgical body sculpting methods. Various types of body sculpting treatments are available in Singapore that works by freezing the fat cells, or by heating through the use of ultrasound or radiofrequency energy. These body contouring methods are used to target a specific part of the body like love handles, abdomen, arms, thighs, buttocks, and back.
What are various body sculpting treatments?
- Cold Treatments- These procedures use a temperature that is cold enough to kill fat cells but does not damage your skin. This treatment can be used on different body parts like arms, chin, abdomen, thighs, and love handles. In this treatment, a device is used which pulls a portion of the skin by suction and then cools it to destroy the fat which is underneath it.
- Heat treatments- This is an FDA- approved laser technique for body sculpting. Heat treatment works best on body parts like the stomach and thighs. The device used in this body sculpting technique uses laser energy to destroy the structure of fat cells. As the device has a flat applicator, this treatment is not suitable for body areas that have curves.
- Radiofrequency energy- Devices used in this treatment target energy to the water present in the cells to destroy them. Hence, it is very important to be hydrated before this treatment.
- Ultrasound energy- This is the most time-intensive body sculpting treatment. It takes approximately one hour for one session of this treatment. It used ultrasound energy to break down the fat cells. This treatment is only suited for the abdomen area and you won’t feel any discomfort.
Why should you go for non-surgical body shaping treatments?
- No recovery period- In these treatments, you do not have to go for any surgery or anesthesia. You do not even have to worry about long painful recovery time, no wound care, and no lengthy follow-up appointments
- Long-lasting and visible results
- Quick and comfortable procedures
Here is the list of some of the best clinics in Singapore for weight loss and body sculpting treatments.